I believe in empowering those who are challenged with mental health concerns and helping them to make improvements to their lives through an evidence-based approach to art therapy & counselling – building confidence and resilience in people of all ages.
I’m an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) as having specialist mental health expertise. I work alongside GPs, paediatricians as part of a Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) which allows patients a Medicate rebate for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
I’m completely committed to my patient’s mental health and wellbeing. I bring a caring, insightful and accepting presence, and I’m very passionate about empowering women, young people and children to make genuine and long-lasting results. My counselling and art therapy services are available to everyone from children to teens and adults.
What Can I Help With?
My art therapy & counselling services can help your patients who are coping with a range of symptoms. Here a list of mental health conditions that are eligible for treatment under an MHTP:
- Anxiety disorder
- Adjustment disorder
- Conduct disorders
- Bereavement disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sleep problems
- Attention deficit disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Co-occurring anxiety and depression
My services can also be helpful for the families and loved ones of people going through a crisis or significant mental health struggles. I work with carers to help them develop the skills to relax, destress, and learn to cope with their circumstances.
I work with people of all ages and from all backgrounds to empower them to improve their lives. This often includes:
- Working with children and their parents around coping strategies & emotional regulation.
- Working with teenagers to build self-worth, and help them to understand their strengths and abilities. To help them work our their identity and build a sense of belonging.
- Working with parents to develop and enhance their parenting skills.
- Helping adults develop their self-worth & self-confidence, build coping strategies and work out their identity.
Helping patients with a multi-disciplinary approach
I believe strongly in a multi-disciplinary approach and see my work as a complement to professional medical advice. I work with patients who are looking for Focused Psychology strategies to cope with issues affecting their mental health.
I have a range of methods that I use to help people overcome mental health issues, from individual counselling and art therapy sessions to group counselling and sessions for younger adolescents and children.
My methods include:
- Psychoeducation -including motivational interviewing
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) including behavioral interventions and cognitive interventions
- Relaxation strategies
- Skills training – including problem solving, anger management, social skills training, communication training, stress management and parent management training
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Each person is an individual, and I’ll work with you as their GP to ensure they get a high level of treatment, care and respect. I’ll provide regular progress reports to you to keep you abreast of their progress so that together we can help them to get back to full health.
As an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, your patients will be eligible for a Medicare rebate if they have counselling in my private practice. They will need to be referred by you as a GP, paediatrician or psychiatrist with a Mental Health Treatment Plan referral letter to be eligible.
How Does It Work?
My patient-focused service works with each individual to assist their particular circumstances.
Whether these are issues with work, family life, or disabilities, I help put strategies in place to assist each patient to live a better and more independent life.
During our sessions, I’ll use a range of recognised techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy, skills training, relaxation strategies, and stress management to give patients the coping mechanisms they need to improve their situation and have a positive impact on their future life.
If you’d like to find out more about how I can help, or refer any of your patients, please contact me here.